Thursday, April 12, 2018

WIP Wednesday - Deadlines Galore

You don't realize how much you depend on the internet until it's gone...which happened over the weekend and I was LOST!  I need to print patterns that weren't on my laptop...and my ipad doesn't print to the wireless printer (or at least I haven't figured out how to do it since it's a super old one...).  It was a helpless feeling...so I ended up making pillow cases for my kids and searching my stash for printed patterns I could use! There was also some house cleaning done...which is pretty rare around here. ;)
Pillowcases, left is custom fabric, right is licensed fabric...I'd love to sell but doubt people would pay $20 for a single pillowcase!
I really love this pillow case pattern, so fast and a great way to use fabric! Of course when it's my custom fabric, it hurts a little to use ALL that fabric just for a pillowcase!  This was also my first attempt at a cotton lycra/cotton woven combo pillowcase.  The cuff is woven (no stretch) and the body is lycra (stretchy).  I did have a little shifting as I sewed it up, but that was also due to me being too lazy to pin or clip it before.  Next time, clips!  I'm afraid to use pins with my serger, in case I miss it and cut through one, I could just see a piece flying at my eye...time to pull out the safety glasses!
Giant ice cream bow for a child's classmate...the top rainbow is actually so sparkly it was hard to look at to cut!

A few months ago, one of my daughter's friends wrote me a really nice letter asking if I would make her a bow just like my daughter's.  Of course it got pushed to the back burner, but when I finally got around to it, I let my daughter pick out the materials and instead of the cute felt, she went for over the top glittery rainbow vinyl and shiny gold vinyl.  I think it is totally adorable!  The glitter is super sparkly and I don't think I can even attempt to capture that in a picture...I won't let her deliver it yet since I want to see how my new light box does with the glitter.  I might be blinded.  ;)
Stripes really mess up my straight lines, especially on stretchy fabric because it didn't cut exactly straight!
Need to keep on track, 2 Connie's Wristlets are almost finished, but the strike-offs are impatiently waiting for me to start on them!
Next project for Moon Beam!  Preorder coming in May!

Current Projects and Orders:

  • Add Strap to Starlet clutch 
  • Sydney with Castles and Disney 
  • Connie's wristlets and NCW - In progress
  • Another LOTR Ramona - Done and Mailed!
  • Concealed carrry Bonnie
  • LOTR strike off projects 
  • Ellen's Esplanade HP purse
  • Pick a Pocket/Brandt's Boulevard mix wallet 
  • French Terry PJ shorts for one kid (and me)
  • raglan style shirt for me with hood and fun fabric

Current Embroidery Projects:

  • Etsy orders
  • Need to stitch up some sample bunny and bear stuffies using my awesome minky!
  • More applique key chains!  I have some fun 80's and 90's fabric, plus other small prints!

Current Crochet Projects:

  • Scrap buster C2C using random odds and ends...almost done with the 5th skein!
  • Started a dragon scarf with one of my Black Friday sale buys...
  • Cotton coffee cup cozies - add buttons and felties, keep making more...
  • WeeBee baby doll  - Just needs some face details, and maybe a swimsuit to wear when she's not in her tail...bikini sort of works...made up my own pattern and it's interesting...
  • Chunky Unicorn Blanket - almost finished up to the hood, then just ears, horn, and fringe!
  • C2C (corner to corner) baby doll blanket crochet with some random scarfie yarn - Need to figure out what hook I was using...
  • Mermaid tail towel, 2 skeins of yarn into this, I must be doing something wrong because it's not THAT big yet and I only have 2 or 3 more skeins to go.

Next Projects: (orders and using up fabric)

  • crayon rolls - Finish up and list on Etsy
  • Swoon Sydney messenger bags for birthday presents (from April and May...)
  •  Request for a 'small purse' for my youngest who has outgrown her Frozen Serendipity Hip...time to find it a new home!
  • Finish clematis that were cut at the same time as the swap one (3)
  • Storm Trooper shirt for me (super cute pattern, hopefully doesn't emphasize my 'mom bod')
  • Handkerchief Purse
  • custom knit leggings - Harry Potter marauder's map, maybe some 'exercise' ones?  
  • Tote bags using my coffee panels - India Swoon Pattern?
  • Baby quilt - Jungle Path pattern
  • Ruched Shirt
  • Baby mermaid gown
  • snuggle/lap quilts using reading quotes and flannel backs

UFO list:  

Fast finishes (hopefully)

  • Crayon Rolls - precut and ready to be sewn
  • Buttons on cowls
  • Replace stripped screws on Alice in Wonderland Daryl's Drive fixed one, need to get more screws because they are disappearing...
  • Embroidered Fox pillow cover - just needs the back cut and sewn!

 Ready to go, but will take a bit more effort projects:

  • Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - Now that I've made several of these, I should be able to finish this one quickly, if I ever pull it out
  • Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
  • Dragon Lovey - pieces and the blanket done
  • Wisteria Wallets - 2 cut and ready to be assembled 
  • Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - outside is done, inside is cut and waiting for me to finish
  • Sea turtle crochet lovey
  • Crochet Worgen 
  • Alice in Wonderland Bonnie 
  • Tulip pouches - have some cut out (pattern)
  • Crochet Giraffe photographer  

Want to make - list:

  • Hobbit Bibs
  • Legendary Quilt pattern pillow
  • Pokemon quilts with custom fabric
  • Shirts for myself using the custom knit
  • Shirts/pants/leggings for my kids with the custom knits
  • MORE Purses with the custom knits
  • Embroidered kitchen towels
  • Peeker hooded towels  
  • Giant vintage star quilts - Star Wars and Princesses
  • zip around crayon rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!