Monday, April 2, 2018

How I Roll - Fresno Foldover - New Moonbeam Fabric Preorder!

I'm more of a video/computer gamer than a RP or table top gamer, but this fabric was still fun to sew up!  The Gamer round is open from April 1-20th for preorder, so make sure to grab some of your favorites Here! (affiliated link) This time I received a yard of the coordinating dice fabric and 2 of the same panels, just in different sizes.  The graphics on the adult sized panel were slightly larger, but there was also a LOT of extra fabric to work with.  I was able to cut the entire front AND the strap out of the bigger panel!
How do you roll?
Back
The colors are very bright primary, but my camera couldn't seem to get them
I knew I wanted to make a bag that was good for anyone to use and would hold actual gaming supplies, so when I ran across the Fresno Foldover, it seemed like a perfect fit! This is the first time I've sewn anything from Pink Pony, so I wasn't sure how the instructions would be.  Strike off sewing has a faster turn around, so I didn't even have time to make a prototype in practice fabric!
This is a BIG bag!

That is a hardback gaming book in there, plenty of room without being a giant bag!
Fortunately, this one came together pretty nicely and quickly!  The hardest parts were sewing my dragon scale glittery vinyl (couldn't find my teflon foot until the end!) and then getting the grommet installed.  I also didn't have exactly the right hardware on hand, so I kind of winged it with whatever I could find.

External pocket
This pattern has one external zipper pocket, plus a zipper pocket and slip pockets inside.  I divided the slip pocket to hold 2 pens, plus have 2 other bigger pockets.  I hadn't decided what to do with the second panel, so to save the 'good' fabric, I paired this with a cool space fabric that glows in the dark!  I entertained myself sticking my head in to see it glow, but being inside means it probably won't get that bright unless you stick a light in there to charge it up first.  Although it would be fun to tell your friends to stick their heads in the bag to see if it still glows...turning off the lights is the easy way out.
Pen pockets, slip pockets on either side
Inside zipper pocket, that's an orange zipper, I swear!

The glittery holographic scale vinyl was a fun touch, giving it some eye catching details without making it too girly...I hope!  

I'm not saying a holographic dragon was slain to make this bag...but it could have been!
Watch for the next project using the Gamer fabric, an up-sized Emma Purse!
Batman usually rolls in hi8s batmobile, but he might try this
 Affiliate Disclosure: I will receive compensation from Moon Beam Textile Company when a purchase is made using the links in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!