Wednesday, July 5, 2017

WIP/UFO Wednesday - Distractions Galore!

Right now I'm in a crafting mood (I usually am...rarely in a cleaning mood though, how strange...) but I can't seem to focus on just one project.  Instead, I'm jumping from one thing to another and as soon as I hit a snag or find something shiny to distract me, I realize I've started yet another project!  This week I decided I wanted to make the Bonnie with the Beast from Beauty and the Beast, but when I decided my original glitter vinyl bottom didn't really go, I had to stop and find a new vinyl, and then find a new fabric to go with the already cut out vinyl.  It makes sense in my head. ;)
Cotton Lycra panel in kid sized...will be perfect for a purse!
I totally love this fabric.
And then I needed to do a few etsy orders on the embroidery machine, which meant that I was at the computer and decided I had to try out some of the latest designs I bought...so instead of sewing, I was deciding on colors and materials for some fun new patterns.  Good news is that as soon as I get some fancy pictures, there will be more listings for Etsy!
Star combs are done with glow in the dark thread.  Ravenclaw comb is super sparkly too!
I really need to finish up at least ONE purse in the next week...but the way I'm working, there might be 5 more in various stages of completion by next Wednesday.


Current Projects:

  • Baby mermaid gown - Need to find the fabric...it's in a packed box...might get pushed back since the baby is here and she's bigger than newborn sized!
  • Teacher purses (school's out, but they are willing to wait - fabrics all picked out, pattern printed and half cut out, goal is to finish before the end of July!)
  • Springs Creative projects (2) (One left, interfacing all prepped, need to cut the fabric!)
  • Swoon Sydney messenger bags for birthday presents (from April and May...)
  • Beast Bonnie Bucket Bag - Halfway done...at the sewing stage if I can keep from getting distracted
Interesting way to do a welt pocket, not sure if I want to stick in a zipper too...

Current Crochet Projects:

  • WeeBee baby doll  -  Tail/bikini left.Just needs some face details, and maybe a swimsuit to wear when she's not in her tail...bikini sort of works...made up my own pattern and it's interesting...
  • Chunky Unicorn Blanket - almost finished up to the hood, then just ears, horn, and fringe!
  • Figuring out C2C (corner to corner) crochet with some random scarfie yarn...ran out of yarn before I finished!  Now to decide if I frog back with yarn that hates being undone, or buy another skein if I can find it...
  • Started the Mermaid tail towel, hopefully will come together fast since it using a giant hook and thick yarn.
  • Started working on cowls for the fall because they are mindless and fast...but I really should totally finish them, not leave them with tails and button-less...

Next Projects: (orders and using up fabric)

  • Handkerchief Purse
  • Bag of the Month - not going to make it by the end of June, but I'm going to do several of these eventually!
  • custom knit leggings - Harry Potter marauder's map (?)
  • Tote bags using my coffee panels - India Swoon Pattern?
  • Baby quilt - Jungle Path pattern
  • Ruched Shirt
  • 2 more Sydney purses

UFO list:  

Fast finishes (hopefully)

  1. Crayon Rolls - precut and ready to be sewn
  2. Buttons on cowls
  3. Several random crochet hats that need ends woven in/buttons attached
  4. Replace stripped screws on Alice in Wonderland Daryl's Drive fixed one, need to get more screws because they are disappearing...
  5. Embroidered Fox pillow cover - just needs the back cut and sewn!

 Ready to go, but will take a bit more effort projects:

  1. Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - all the pieces are cut, just needs finished!
  2. Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
  3. Dragon Lovey - pieces and the blanket done
  4. Wisteria Wallets - 2 cut and ready to be assembled 
  5. Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - outside is done, inside is cut and waiting for me to finish
  6. Sea turtle crochet lovey
  7. Crochet Worgen 
  8. Alice in Wonderland Bonnie 
  9. Tulip pouches - have some cut out (pattern)
  10. Crochet Giraffe photographer  

Want to make - list:

  1. Legendary Quilt pattern pillow
  2. Pokemon quilts with custom fabric
  3. Cork purse (I have a stash I'm afraid to cut, but it's so pretty!)
  4. Shirts for myself using the custom knit (Harry Potter Ugly sweater fabric)
  5. Shirts/pants/leggings for my kids with the custom knits
  6. Purses with the custom knits (need to research the best way to stabilize) 
  7. Embroidered kitchen towels
  8. Peeker hooded towels  
  9. Giant vintage star quilts - Star Wars and Princesses
  10. zip around crayon rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!