Monday, May 15, 2017

Magical Coffee - Ellen's' Esplanade Sew Along

The Ellen's Esplanade Sew along is finished, and so is my purse!  I hope everyone had fun sewing along, (or living vicariously through my sewing journey) and I have seen quite a few amazing purses in the group!  Thanks to everyone that joined in, and keep posting your finished pictures on instagram and in the FaceBook group!
I totally love this fabric!

For this purse, I used some of my custom printed fabric from Snowy Owl Fabrics.  The Magical Coffee fabric is so fun and nerdy!  Since I didn't want to use more on the inside where it wouldn't be seen as much, I matched it with some glittery fabric I found at Joann's.  The light tan interior should make it easier to find everything you can throw in there.  The strap is a dark brown that coordinates and will hide dirt!

Top zips closed, nice and secure!
Interior zipper pocket
Taking pictures of sparkly fabric is pretty impossible...
This was my first time making the Ellen's Esplanade, but it came together nicely and relatively quickly.  I didn't add on the extra interior pockets, so it only has the two (GIANT) side pockets on the outside and the zipper pocket inside.  It's more of a tote purse, bigger than a normal purse, but not as big as a true tote bag.  The side pockets will easily hold a water bottle, and inside will fit my ipad and notebook!
Side pocket
Other side of the bag

I don't really NEED another purse, so I guess this one is going to go up for sale!  You can take it home for only $75 + shipping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!