Wednesday, March 8, 2017

WIP Wednesday - A Whole Bag of NOPE

Did you ever have one of those crafting days when everything you touch is cursed?  That was me last night.  I was trying to do some pencil toppers on the embroidery machine and it decided that I needed to stay RIGHT beside it while it worked...the thread was shredding and getting caught, needles were breaking, and I'm pretty sure it was laughing at me.  Then when I finally got that done and went back to the wallet I was working on, I tried to speed through it and messed that up too!
He doesn't have cataracts, that's glue.  And it's not coming off.
Holey fabric Batman!
First was iffy pattern placement (not my best fussy cutting for sure!), then trimming seams before I should have, really crooked topstitching, cutting holes in the fabric when I was trying to rip out said topstitching, and to top it off, finding a spot of dried glue on the outside.  I think I can salvage about 1/3 the pieces, but there is going to be a whole lot of re-cutting on my plate!  Unfortunately this one really needs to go out, so it can't go into timeout!
he lost half his head...
Today HAS to be better!  The worst part is that this is actually a pretty fast pattern, just very exact and detailed so I have to be on my game to make it look good!

Current Projects:

  • Springs Creative Fabric Ambassador Projects - Awesome Disney fabrics - Need to finish by Friday! - Dakota tablet case, Pillow, Ipad stand (?) In the mail and now I wait for the good pics!
  • Quick finger puppet bag using some amazing Beauty and the Beast fabric Done, even had 2 minutes to spare before the party!
  • Another birthday present - probably a peeker towel, need to finish it before Sunday! Done, she loved it!
  • Dachshund Pick A Pocket Wallet - Fighting me left and right
  • Super fandom Sydney - As soon as the wallet is done, need to get this done!
  • Ruched Shirt - Going to try this one using some of my less fancy knit fabric, hopefully it is fast and flattering!
  •  
    Used up some of my stash, only 10-20 more towels to go!

Current Crochet Projects:

  • WeeBee baby doll  -  arms and clothes left.  Naked faceless doll with no arms or hair is totally not creepy...
  • Chunky Unicorn Blanket -All untangled, and already onto the second set of rolls, it is coming along pretty fast!

Next Projects: (orders and using up fabric)

  • Handkerchief Purse
  • Nightmare Before Christmas Sydney purse 
  • Bag of the Month - February and March - going to try to do at least 4 of the patterns before the club ends in June!

UFO list:  

Fast finishes (hopefully)
$35 each + shipping

  1. Hoods on towels (2)  - procrastination led to sewing them on!  Available for purchase through FaceBook
  2. Crayon Rolls - precut and ready to be sewn
  3. Buttons on cowls
  4. Several random crochet hats that need ends woven in/buttons attached
  5. Replace stripped screws on Alice in Wonderland Daryl's Drive still hasn't happened...
  6. Embroidered Fox pillow cover - just needs the back cut and sewn!

 Ready to go, but will take a bit more effort projects:

  1. Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - all the pieces are cut, just needs finished!
  2. Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
  3. Dragon Lovey - pieces and the blanket done
  4. Wisteria Wallets - 2 cut and ready to be assembled 
  5. Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - outside is done, inside is cut and waiting for me to finish
  6. Sea turtle crochet lovey
  7. Crochet Worgen 
  8. Alice in Wonderland Bonnie 
  9. Tulip pouches - have some cut out (pattern)
  10. Crochet Giraffe photographer  

Want to make - list:

  1. Legendary Quilt pattern pillow
  2. Pokemon quilts with custom fabric
  3. Cork purse (I have a stash I'm afraid to cut, but it's so pretty!)
  4. Shirts for myself using the custom knit (Harry Potter Ugly sweater fabric)
  5. Shirts/pants/leggings for my kids with the custom knits
  6. Purses with the custom knits (need to research the best way to stabilize) 
  7. Embroidered kitchen towels
  8. Peeker hooded towels  
  9. Giant vintage star quilts - Star Wars and Princesses

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!