Wednesday, November 23, 2016

WIP Wednesday - Almost Turkey Time!

I was almost getting used to it being November, and now it's nearly over!  I still have more I need to finish, so time needs to slow down!
I'd drink it if it slowed down time...

Finally got the patches to turn out right!
Not only do I have a pile of projects I need to finish, want to finish, want to start, and am thinking about squeezing in, but I also need to clean up the craft area since that is the place we usually put up the Christmas tree...Maybe it can go somewhere else, like on top of legoland or right in front of the TV...
Adorable candy cane holder ornaments that I meant to take to the craft show and totally forgot about...pattern from Dejahuedesigns.com
I'm planning on finishing up several projects this weekend, between stuffing my face with delicious food and shopping at the wee hours of the morning (and by wee hours, I mean like 9 am...I'm a casual shopper, if it's still left then, then it was meant to be. ;) )  Are there any great deals I'm missing out there?  There is a sale for 30% off on patterns at ChrisW Designs using a code found in the facebook group (great time to get the Emma pattern if you are going to join in the sew along starting December 1!), Swoon Patterns also has a code for 35% off this week (affiliated link), Emmaline Bags has a sale, Onceuponayard.com has a 20% off sale this week with a code from the facebook group, several embroidery sites have sales too... there are too many to list right now!
Our last craft show was a ton of fun, but I'm glad it's finished!!
The friendly buffalo brought us luck!

WIP: (Stuff sitting out on my work area and taking up space)

 

Sewing:


  November NEED to finish list:

  • Pattern Testing, almost finished!
  • Cross body strap on the Boronia Bowler...it's not that much work, but I keep procrastinating.
  • March BOM -Just needs some rivets and Pirate Bunnybeard will be on etsy!
  • Serendipity Owl Bag - needs just topstitching and handles attached, really need to get this one finished and listed on etsy!  It's a perfect fall bag or gift for an owl lover!
  • Crayon rolls - keep sewing my cut ones, I have so much awesome fabric for these!
  • Flannel infinity scarves...I have bolts of flannel that would make adorable scarves! Then I can list some on etsy and clear out my stash (hopefully!)
  • Sew hoods onto towels - finished 3, 2 more to go...
  • Wizard of Oz Window Shopper
  • another MLP purse (Emma)
  • Springs Creative Ambassador project - almost finished with 2!
Baby doll quilt in the works...


The "I've given up on deadlines and just want them done at some point"-list:

  • Tulip pouches - started cutting out some fun ones! Perfect for pencil cases or glasses cases or ....! (pattern)
  • Wisteria Wallets - Need to work on the 2 more that are ready to go!
  • Embroidered pillow covers - need to cut a back piece after I figure out if I'm doing a zipper or envelope closure...I'm thinking of using my invisible zippers and doing another one from the same set of patterns...so far the fish is in the lead for what will be stitched next.  Still procrastinating because I don't want to have to lint roll the entire sewing area after I cut my next piece.  Not even exaggerating.
  • Sedimental Quilt- working on binding while I watch TV - almost half done! - Took a little hiatus after a spider crawled out of it.  I think the spider has died/moved on, so it might be okay to go back to it...
  • Brandt's Boulevard in sugar skulls, another one in "Girly" fabric for a later date

Crochet:

 

  • Back at the Ava Cowls - put buttons on most of the finished ones, still have more I started and need to finish!
  • Working on a few hats, trying to find an amazing and fast pattern...
  • Giraffe photographer is coming along, one horn and two ears in!
  • Sea turtle lovey - well....the shell is on, and it's kind of obvious that one fin is bigger, so he's a sea turtle with a 'lucky' fin...or he'll hold his blanket there...
  • Mermaid lovey - Sea blanket is done, head is done (no hair), started on tail. Giant head is kind of freaking me out, so I need to finish her!  - I really want to redo her head smaller, it's probably too big for the blanket...

Embroidery:  

  • Embroidered kitchen/hand towels - want to use up my towel stash!- Did several more for the craft shows, now to make some for Etsy!
  • Hooded towels:  Pinkie Pie, Jack Skellington, Star Wars characters, more Pokemon, more Ponies...
  • Keep cutting out my backlog of bows and keychains.  I didn't cut out everything in my stash, so I need to keep working on them!
  • Stitch out more couch pillows (and finish them) - I'd like to get the pillow forms out of my craft area and onto the couches!
  • More patches! - going to test them as magnets and see if my glue is strong enough to hold
I'm still not sure how I got a bow that looked actually like a bow that was tied by an adult.  Usually they look like I hired a toddler...

NIL (Next in Line-Things I plan on and want to do, but haven't gotten around to yet...)

  • May Bag of the Month- Swoon Brooklyn - I think I'm going with a Doctor Who random toss fabric that glows in the dark and blue glitter vinyl.
  • Alice in Wonderland Bonnie
  • Venom Messenger Bag (considering THIS pattern by RLR)
  • Jack Skellington Messenger Bag
  • Lotus Purse
  • Crayon Rolls - These never end
  • Rosie Tsum Tsum purse
  • January Bag of the Month (Backgammon Bag) - Either in some Effervescence fabric or maybe the Zelda stained glass fabric
  • Quilted pillow covers - Sasquatch fabric is ready to go, just need some spare time!


UFO (Unfinished Objects that are already started but I have no set time to work on and don't want to forget about them forever!).

  • Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - outside is done, inside is cut and waiting for me to finish, already have someone that wants it!
  • Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - all the pieces are cut, just needs finished!
  • Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
  • Dragon Lovey - pieces and the blanket done
  • Serendipity Hip in MLP fabric with vinyl bottom

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!